2021-2022 VBA Women’s Mentorship Program
January Content Theme
Bank Financial Management Webinar: Part One
Please Source These Before You Watch Part One:
- Your Bank’s Annual Report or Quarterly Financials
- Comparative Years of Data
- Audit Opinion
Read the letter to shareholders from your CEO and determine the following:
- What is your Bank’s total assets? (balance sheet)
- How much money did your Bank make last year? (income statement)
- Will your Bank surpass that amount this year?
- What percent are your loans growing?
- What percent are your deposits growing?
Bank Financial Management Webinar: Part Two
- Look Up the FOMC Meeting Dates for the upcoming year.
- Predict the FOMC decision for its next meeting.
- Ask your CFO what your bank’s budget assumption is for interest rates for the year.
- Ask if you can attend a portion of an ALCO meeting to hear about the interest rate impacts.
Bank Financial Management Webinar: Part Three
- Ask your Mentor for list of industry resources & reading materials
- Ask admired co-workers for industry reading suggestions
- Find out resources such as subscriptions to VBA, ABA publications, and others sources such as online newspapers, etc. (SeeVBA Mentorship Program Page)
Social Media Groups:
Mentor and Mentee Training
Slay Like a Mother
Digital Workshop Password: SLAM
General Resources/ Recommendations (podcasts, books, etc)
Book Recommendations from Gill Hundley:
Virginia Banking Monthly
For Mentors Only
Question form for March 15 Call
Nancy Eberhardt Contact Information:
Nancy K. Eberhardt | CEO | Pathwise Partners | email@example.com | 703.629.4929