2022 Managing Remote Employees (Virtual)
Managing remote employees is still a hot topic for most leaders when considering their top challenges. (So if you’ve been wondering if you’re “doing it right,” you’re not alone.)
This session will help managers of all levels feel more comfortable leading virtually, whether their teams are 100% remote or a dynamic combination. Participants will gain insights into common challenges, established best practices, and creative solutions in remote employee management. Each attendee will be able to identify multiple practices they can implement quickly, including options for fostering resilience and avoiding burnout, engaging trainees, utilizing simple communication techniques and leadership tips to balance human connection and productivity needs, mastering time management habits, clarifying expectations and shaping team norms, and more!
Productivity Regardless of Location
- How to support your team’s best productivity
- How to support your own best productivity
- Multi-tasking myth-busting
- Time-management best practices
- Work location Tips/best practices (ensuring there’s a specific place to work, working hours, breaks, etc.)
Resilience & Stress Management
- Strategies for coping with stress and anxiety
- Recognizing what team members need to thrive
- Tips for managing, leading, coaching, mentoring, inspiring, motivating and when to use various approaches
Engaging Remote Teams
- Similarities and differences of in-person and remote
- How do I know if they’re working? (Or slacking, or burning out?)
- Establishing office hours, routines, and communication protocols.
- Ideas to try today: Tips from the trenches – case studies on what’s worked pre and post pandemic
Virtual Training FAQs
- Do I need to customize to learning styles or is that passe?
- What size group is ideal for virtual sessions?
- What if I can’t require cameras on? How do I know they are paying attention?
- How do I know if I need a moderator?
- What tech works on a budget?
- Platform review, hybrid case studies, assessing audience needs and preferences with a survey
Heather Legge is a senior training specialist for InterAction training. Heather is also a certified executive coach, founder of Envision Success Inc, and author of Lead With Moxie.
Since starting her consulting career in 2006, Heather has worked with hundreds of leaders in all sizes of organization (including First National Bank, Salvation Army, Mass Mutual, Metro FCU, Cresa, Wells Fargo, CSG, State Farm, Keller Williams, Fidelity, Farmers Insurance, YMCS, Centris FCU, WIFS)
Previously, she earned her master’s in business administration and spent over 15 years in multiple industries transforming organizational performance through business analysis, project management, training and employee development.
Heather is also a recovering perfectionist, data nerd, occasional runner, red wine lover, and scuba diver. She lives in Omaha, NE with her husband, Doug, and their “fur baby”, Jetta, a female black lab. She enjoys food, fitness, wine, and travel, and especially when they all happen together!
|Managing Remote Employees Only||Managing Remote Employees plus Bank Supervisor School|
Click here for more details about Bank Supervisor School.
VBA EVENT POLICIES
By registering for this event, you are agreeing to the VBA Event Policies.
All cancellations will be charged a $25.00 administrative fee. Cancellations received less than 72 business hours before the program will be charged a $75.00 administrative fee plus any additional fees associated with the training. Substitutions are allowed prior to the beginning of the conference.
SPECIAL NEEDS & AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES NOTICE
If you have special needs that may affect your participation in this event, please contact Gail Queen to discuss accommodations.