Bank School Class of 2022
Important Pre-School Dates
- By July 8th – Complete the Student Profile Form
- July 15th: BankExec Presentation Assignments Due to Gabby Bond
- July 20th – Virtual All School Convocation at 3:30 p.m. via Zoom (students will receive a calendar invite/Zoom meeting info from the VBA)
Bank School Class Schedule
All 3rd year classes will be held at the Darden School of Business at University of Virginia.
- July 24, 2:00 – 5:30 p.m.: Intro to BankExec, BankExec Demo, and BankExec Decision 1
- July 24, 6:00 – 7:00 p.m.: Registration & Welcome Reception at the Omni
- July 25, 9:15 a.m. - 4:10 p.m.: 3rd Year Classes/BankExec
- July 26, 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.: 3rd Year Classes/BankExec
- July 27, 8:00 a.m. – 3:45 p.m.: 3rd Year Classes/BankExec
- July 28, 8:30 – 4:00 p.m.: 3rd Year Classes/BankExec and Presentations
- July 29, 9:30 – 10:40 a.m.: Class Photo and Third Year Awards Breakfast
- July 29, 11:00 a.m.: Graduation
A detailed schedule will be available soon.
Intro to BankExec & Teamwork Virtual Session
To view a recording of this session, click here (Passcode: yAvd5!Ht).
BankExec Teams & Class Contact Roster
- Part 1: Your first assignment is to prepare a PowerPoint slide with your new bank’s information on it. As a reminder, your team’s slide is due to Gabby Bond (firstname.lastname@example.org) by Friday, July 15, 2022.
- Part 2: Your next assignment is a series questions for you to complete that correspond directly with the Starting Point (this is the starting position of all “banks” for the simulation). This assignment is to be completed on your own and must also be returned back to me by Friday, July 15, 2022. This will not be a graded assignment, however, it is MANDATORY that you complete this as the Bank School third year Fellows will be reviewing all completed assignments prior to the start of school. Please email your completed assignments (Word format with your name in the document) to Gabby Bond (email@example.com).
- Part 3: Closer to the start of school you will be given access to the BankExec simulation program wherein you will be able to navigate through the system and familiarize yourself with all aspects of the decision-making process. You will find this open access time extremely beneficial in helping you to better understand how the system runs prior to making your first official decisions at school. The BankExec Decision Manual is linked below – take some time to review this as it will help you to understand how to navigate the simulation.
Class materials will be posted by July 18th.
Class Officer Contact Information
|Second Year Class Officers|
Atlantic Union Bank
American National Bank & Trust Co.
Burke & Herbert Bank
Bank School Newsletters
Prior to the Start of School:
- June 29th Newsletter - Welcome to Bank School
Social Event Information
More information on these events will be available soon!
Sunday – Welcome Reception
Omni Charlottesville Hotel – Atrium
Monday – Dairy Market Social Hour
The Dairy Market
Beginning at 5:30 p.m.
Tuesday – Third Year Charity Event
Thursday – Third Year Class Party
Omni Charlottesville Hotel
Bank School Dress Code
The dress code for the week of Bank School is casual (examples: khaki pants, golf shirts, nice shorts, nice jeans, capri pants, button-downs or a blouse.) T-shirts, workout clothes and revealing clothing are not permitted. In general, it means dressing casual and comfortable, looking relaxed, yet neat and pulled together.
VBA Staff Contact Information
- 1st Year Class Liaison: Monica McDearmon (804) 363-9347
- 1st Year Class Liaison: Chandler Owdom (804) 839-8420
- 2nd Year Class Liaison: Hannah Hedden (804) 690-6292
- 3rd Year Class Liasion: Kristen Reid (804) 467-6193
- BankExec: Gabby Bond (757) 561-3072; Walt Lyons (804) 337-4529
- General Support: Hannah Hedden (804) 690-6292
Bank School Management & Oversight
Charlottesville Guide & Information
We hope that you enjoy your time in Charlottesville during Bank School week! Please see below for information on things to do during the week.