Bank School Class of 2022
Important Pre-School Dates
- July 15th: BankExec Presentation Assignments Due to Gabby Bond
- July 20th – Virtual All School Convocation at 3:30 p.m. via Zoom
- View the recording here.
- Slides from Convocation
NOTES PAGE TEMPLATE
Feel free to download and save as many copies of the below template for note taking purposes in your classes!
Frontiers of Fintech
Bank School Class Schedule & Map of Darden Campus
Please note that for the third year students, classes will take place at UVA’s Darden School of Business in classroom 170. BankExec team rooms will be assigned onsite.
Intro to BankExec & Teamwork Virtual Session
To view a recording of this session, click here (Passcode: yAvd5!Ht).
BankExec Teams & Class Contact Roster
- Part 1: Your first assignment is to prepare a PowerPoint slide with your new bank’s information on it. As a reminder, your team’s slide is due to Gabby Bond (firstname.lastname@example.org) by Friday, July 15, 2022.
- Part 2: Your next assignment is a series questions for you to complete that correspond directly with the Starting Point (this is the starting position of all “banks” for the simulation). This assignment is to be completed on your own and must also be returned back to me by Friday, July 15, 2022. This will not be a graded assignment, however, it is MANDATORY that you complete this as the Bank School third year Fellows will be reviewing all completed assignments prior to the start of school. Please email your completed assignments (Word format with your name in the document) to Gabby Bond (email@example.com).
- Part 3: Closer to the start of school you will be given access to the BankExec simulation program wherein you will be able to navigate through the system and familiarize yourself with all aspects of the decision-making process. You will find this open access time extremely beneficial in helping you to better understand how the system runs prior to making your first official decisions at school. The BankExec Decision Manual is linked below – take some time to review this as it will help you to understand how to navigate the simulation.
Class materials will be posted by July 18th.
We are very excited to celebrate your completion of the Virginia Bankers School of Bank Management! Graduation is set for July 29th at 11:00 a.m. Dress code for graduation is business attire.
The VBA will be inviting your recommender and bank CEO/president. If you would like to invite any additional guests, download the invitation below to share!
Press Release Template:
2022 Bank School Graduation Press Release Template
Class Officer Contact Information
|Third Year Class Officers|
Atlantic Union Bank
American National Bank & Trust Co.
Burke & Herbert Bank
Bank School Newsletters
Week of Newsletters:
Prior to the Start of School:
- June 29th Newsletter - Welcome to Bank School
- July 6th Newsletter – Curriculum Schedule Now Available!
- July 13th Newsletter – Bank School Profile Site
- July 19th Newsletter – Dress Code, Packing List and More!
- July 21st Newsletter – Know Before You Go!
Social Event Information
More information on these events will be available soon!
Sunday – Welcome Reception
Omni Charlottesville Hotel – Atrium
Meet your classmates, VBA staff and faculty, register for the third year class charity event, pick up your name badge, and enjoy some networking before heading off to dinner at a restaurant of your choice!
Monday – Dairy Market Social Hour
The Dairy Market
Beginning at 5:00 p.m.
Join Bank School students, faculty and VBA staff for a social hour at the Dairy Market! Visit Starr Hill or Milkman’s for a happy hour beverage, Moo Thru for ice cream or Eleva Coffee for a caffeine pick-me-up! There are also several dinner options – learn more about the Dairy Market here. Please note that food and beverage costs are on your own.
Parking: Parking is available at the Dairy Market. The first hour is free and after that it is $2.50/hour. Other options for parking are across the street or street parking.
Tuesday – Third Year Charity Event to Benefit the Boys and Girls Club of Charlottesville
Kardinal Hall, 722 Preston Ave
Your class has selected the Boys and Girls Club of Charlottesville as your class charity, a social impact organization that works to improve the lives of children, families and individuals with developmental disabilities. Your $40 donation covers two drinks and a $6 credit towards a food purchase, as well as raising money for the Boys and Girls Club of Charlottesville. Tickets may be purchased below or at the Welcome Reception. Don’t miss out on the fun!
Click here to purchase your ticket to the charity event and contribute to the class of 2022’s fundraising efforts.
Thursday – Third Year Class Party
Omni Charlottesville Hotel Ballroom
We hope you’ll make plans to join your classmates and other Bank School students on Thursday night for the Third Year Party at the Omni Hotel. The theme of this event is Tailgating so be sure to pack your best tailgating gear to showcase your favorite team – the third year class will be giving prizes for most spirited! Make sure you are wearing your dancing shoes!
Bank School Dress Code
The dress code for the week of Bank School is casual (examples: khaki pants, golf shirts, nice shorts, nice jeans, capri pants, button-downs or a blouse.) T-shirts, workout clothes and revealing clothing are not permitted. In general, it means dressing casual and comfortable, looking relaxed, yet neat and pulled together.
VBA Staff & Faculty Contact Information
- 1st Year Class Liaison: Monica McDearmon (804) 363-9347
- 1st Year Class Liaison: Chandler Owdom (804) 839-8420
- 2nd Year Class Liaison: Hannah Hedden (804) 690-6292
- 3rd Year Class Liasion: Kristen Reid (804) 467-6193
- BankExec: Gabby Bond (757) 561-3072; Walt Lyons (804) 337-4529
- General Support: Hannah Hedden (804) 690-6292
Bank School Management & Oversight
- Kristen Reid (804) 467-6193
- Bruce Whitehurst (804) 241-3223
2022 Faculty Contact Info
Charlottesville Guide & Information
We hope that you enjoy your time in Charlottesville during Bank School week! Please see below for information on things to do during the week.