In-Bank Credit Training
In-bank credit training programs from Vin DiCara
- In-person workshop: Typically 1-2 days
- Small Business Lending Essentials
- Analyzing Personal Income Tax Returns and Personal Financial Statements
- Advanced Cashflow Analysis
- Analyzing Financial Statements I
- Analyzing Financial Statements II
- Fundamentals of Credit Analysis and Business Financing
- Advanced Business Credit Analysis
- Structuring Commercial Loan Packages
- Repaying Loans: Cashflow, Collateral, and Personal Guarantees
- Understanding Small Business Borrowers and What They Need from Their Lender
- Due Diligence: The Key to Effective Lending
- Understanding and Analyzing Financial Projections
- Working with Non-Traditional Lenders
- Working with Small Businesses at Risk
About the Instructor
Vincent DiCara has been involved in evaluating and meeting the credit needs of small and medium-sized businesses for over thirty years as a business advocate, lender, credit analyst and trainer. Since 1995, he has been providing expert training for lending professionals throughout the country who work in the public, private non-profit, and private sectors. Mr. DiCara’s training programs have become known for their ability to foster an informal and participatory environment in which students are empowered to learn.
Mr. DiCara was an owner and founder of Development Finance Training and Consulting, Inc. (DFTC) which he established in 2003. Upon leaving DFTC in early 2013, Mr. DiCara established DiCara Training and Consulting, LLC where he continues to provide the highest quality services to his clients in the banking, credit union, and economic development sectors.
Mr. DiCara has developed a number of partnerships with organizations whose missions include training and education. He has established relationships with chapters of the Center for Financial Training (CFT) and state banking associations throughout the country. Mr. DiCara also serves as a faculty member of the Neighborhood Reinvestment Corporation and has developed a number of courses that he regularly teaches for that organization.
In addition to his experience as a financial trainer, Mr. DiCara also provides consulting services to banks, economic development organizations and other lenders who require assistance in developing, implementing, monitoring, and reviewing their loan practices and portfolios. He has conducted a number of loan reviews for small-to-medium sized lending institutions who have small business loan clients.
Mr. DiCara also serves as a loan practitioner and on a consulting basis provides commercial loan officer services to the Greater Portland Council of Governments (GPCOG), the Portland (ME.) Development Corporation (PDC), and the Kennebec Valley Council of Governments (KVCOG). His specific responsibilities include loan underwriting, liaison to financial institutions, and the structuring of complex financing packages that utilize multiple sources of funds from the private and public sectors.
- For an in-person workshop at your bank, please contact Walt Lyons.