2021 VBA Executive Leadership Institute Recap
January - May 2021
From January - May 2021, 17 Virginia bankers participated in the virtual Executive Leadership Institute (ELI). ELI is a 5-month leadership development program designed to actively enhance the leadership, organizational and performance skills of the highly motivated, high-potential and successful banker who is currently in or progressing toward a senior level position. For over a decade VBA’s Executive Leadership Institute has been known for its intense level of connection, learnings and peer relationships that are fostered by its format and deep content.
During the virtual program, participants took part in a variety of learning components including pre-work, readings, podcasts and videos, hands-on experiential activities, small group activities and discussions, polls and simulations. Participants also had one-on-one coaching sessions with one of the instructors in between each session to reinforce the leadership learnings of the course.
ELI will be held again in 2023.
Congratulations to the 2021 ELI Program Graduates
- Eb Botchway – Congressional Bank
- Lauren Buffum – Virginia National Bank
- Ashley Coleman – Virginia Community Capital
- Candace Davenport – First Bank, Virginia
- Tracy Elliott – Chesapeake Bank
- Jud Foster – Carter Bank & Trust
- Jacob Hutchinson – MainStreet Bank
- Chris Johnston – MainStreet Bank
- Trevor Matese – Congressional Bank
- Cathy Mise – Chesapeake Bank
- Cherie Moore – Atlantic Union Bank
- Dan Moskowitz – Blue Ridge Bank, N.A.
- Kate Pascarella – Blue Ridge Bank, N.A.
- Mike Richardson – Chain Bridge Bank, N.A.
- Laurie Rowe – Chesapeake Bank
- Bill Via – American National Bank & Trust Company
- Wes York – South State Bank
Program Sessions & Faculty
Sessions in this year’s program included:
- Recognize Your and Others’ Leadership Strengths
- Innovation, Strategy, and Success In Times of Change
- Leading Teams, Causing Results Through Others
- Effective Communications For Important Outcomes
- Putting It All To Work
ELI is led by Karen Conrad, president and owner of Karen Conrad and Associates, LLC, and Nancy Eberhardt, author, executive Gazelles-certified Coach and strategic communications consultant.