Bank School Class of 2024
Bank School Class Schedule, Cohort Assignments & Map of Darden Campus
All 1st year classes will be held at the Darden School of Business at University of Virginia. Please note that for the first year students, classes will take place in the Abbott Auditorium at Darden from Sunday-Tuesday. Wednesday-Friday, cohort A will meet in classroom 140 and cohort B will meet in classroom 150.
Notes page template
Feel free to download and save as many copies of the below template for note taking purposes in your classes!
Organizational behavior – kerry sauley
- Complete the the personality scales (locus of control and self-monitoring) on pages 1 thru 4 in Handouts document below.
- Class Materials:
Commercial Banking – Gary Higgins
Economic environment – Dr. Ed Seifried
Strategic Marketing – Erin Black
Bank Financial Management I – Michelle Austin
Ethical Decision making – richard coughlan
Home Study Assignments
Along with attendance at all classes during the Bank School summer session, completion of eight home study problems (4 after the first year and 4 after the second year) with a passing grade is required to graduate from the Virginia Bankers School of Bank Management.
- Economic Environment (Seifried): October 3, 2022
- Ethical Decision Making (Coughlan): November 1, 2022
- Commercial Banking (Higgins): February 1, 2023
- Strategic Marketing (Black): March 1, 2023
Instructions & Bank School Honor Code
It is very important that you submit your home study assignments correctly as some instructors will deduct points for formatting. Please be sure to read the instructors directions carefully and if instructions aren’t included follow the outline on the Bank School Home Study Instruction Sheet & Bank School Honor Code.
The Virginia Bankers School of Bank Management students are expected to conduct themselves in accordance with the highest standards of honesty and integrity in the classroom, outside of the classroom and on the home study problems. Home Study problems are individual assignments meaning you are to work on the assignment ALONE and are not to discuss the questions, potential answers, strategy, research or data resources with another Bank School student. Also, please do not send your completed paper to another student as an example. Any evidence of shared work will be considered an honor code violation.
The honor code is:
On my honor, I pledge that I have neither given nor received assistance on this assignment and that all work is my own.*
Violations of the Honor Code include:
- Plagiarism-An act or instance of using or closely imitating the language and thoughts of another without authorization and the representation of that author’s work as one’s own, as by not crediting the original author.
- Cheating-Receiving, giving and attempting to receive or give unauthorized assistance, such as materials, information, notes or sources, on home study problems.
You may seek assistance from a subject matter expert in your bank as part of your research BEFORE you start to write your papers. The subject matter expert cannot be another Bank School student.
All Bank School assignments should be uploaded here. For each assignment, you will complete a form with basic information as well as an evaluation of the home study assignment.
Home study Assignments & Pre-Assignment zoom Recordings
October 3, 2022: Economic Environment (Seifried)
November 1, 2022: Ethical Decision Making (Coughlan)
February 1, 2023: Commercial Banking (Higgins)
March 1, 2023: Strategic Marketing (Black)
Bank School Newsletters
Week of Newsletters:
Prior to the Start of School:
- June 29th Newsletter - Welcome to Bank School
- July 6th Newsletter – Curriculum Schedule Now Available!
- July 13th Newsletter – Bank School Profile Site
- July 19th Newsletter – Dress Code, Class Materials and More!
- July 21st – Know Before You Go!
Class Officer Contact Information
Danielle Atwood - Danielle.Atwood@cbtcares.com
Carter Bank & Trust
Julie Lineberry - email@example.com
Chris Biby - firstname.lastname@example.org
Jennifer Grant - email@example.com
VBA Staff Contact Information
- 1st Year Class Liaison: Monica McDearmon (804) 363-9347
- 1st Year Class Liaison: Chandler Owdom (804) 839 8420
- 2nd Year Class Liaison: Hannah Hedden (804) 690-6292
- 3rd Year Class Liasion: Kristen Reid (804) 467-6193
- BankExec: Gabby Bond (757) 561-3072; Walt Lyons (804) 337-4529
Bank School Management & Oversight
Stay Engaged with the VBA!
We hope that you’ll continue to stay engaged with the VBA during the year! You’ll be hearing from your class president and VBA staff members periodically throughout the year with updates and information. Be sure to check out the opportunities below to stay connected with your classmates and other Bank School alumni!
- View the VBA Event Calendar here.
- Join the Emerging Bank Leaders here.
- Sign up for VBA publications here.