ABA Facilitated: The Mortgage Lending Business
An overview of the mortgage lending business, including mortgage banker, broker, and lender business models; the role of government and agencies like Federal Housing Administration and the Veteran’s Administration programs; other key players like Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac; important real estate laws; and the basics of real estate investing.
- Explain how property is transferred from one owner to another, and the legal implications of transfer of property
- Describe the basic principles involved in real estate investment and finance, including the business of construction and development lending
- Describe the process of mortgage origination, processing, underwriting, closing, and servicing, including the federal laws that apply
- Explain the various functions and responsibilities of mortgage origination and loan servicing departments
- Identify government and government-sponsored agencies that interact to further home ownership
Financial service professionals who want a broad overview of mortgage lending, including those who intend to pursue a career in mortgage lending (business development, underwriting, processing) or those individuals who recently joined a mortgage lending department.
Fundamentals of Mortgage Lending and The Mortgage Lending Business replace the previous Introduction to Mortgage Lending course.