ABA Facilitated: Analyzing Financial Statements
A practical introduction to financial statement analysis from the perspective of the commercial loan officer. Gain the skills needed to effectively assess the risks related to a customer—current and prospective—and evaluate possible sources of repayment for the loan.
- Analyze the financial data and evaluate the risks of different industries
- Describe the considerations a lender needs to take into account when using ratios to evaluate financial performance
- Explain the importance of cash flow and the various tools for cash flow analysis, such as the UCA Cash Flow Model and Global Cash Flow
- Describe the basic formats and analysis techniques for personal financial statements as well as tax returns
Commercial and/or business bankers and credit analysts. The recommended prerequisite course is General Accounting.
This course requires proctored exams.
- ABA Professional Certifications: 45 CLBB
- ABA Certificates: This course applies to the Certificate in Business and Commercial Lending.
- 8th Edition, Printed Member | Non-Member
- 8th Edition, ebook Member | Non-Member