Loan Processor/Loan Assistant Seminar
VBA Training Center
4490 Cox Road
Glen Allen, VA 23060
This seminar is designed to increase the lending knowledge and administrative effectiveness of one of the most important positions in a community bank’s lending staff – the loan assistant/loan processor. All the objectives of this program are directed at increasing the performance effectiveness of these individuals.
Agenda & Speakers
In his banking career which spans 40 years, John Cochran has served in various lending and senior management positions including President and CEO of a community bank. John established Cochran Associates LLC in 2000 to provide lender training and loan review and consulting services. He has done extensive consulting with the boards of directors of troubled financial institutions.
To date, he has presented lending seminars for many state bank associations and annually participates in several commercial lending schools as a principal instructor or sole presenter. John was also on the faculty of the Pacific Coast Banking School where he presented a series of lectures on Credit Risk Management. When their schedules permit, John and his wife Pam, enjoy camping, canoeing and fly fishing Missouri’s trout streams.
The topics below will address two basic questions: Given the applicant’s loan request, (1) What specific loan documentation will be required; and (2) What “fair lending” compliance requirements must be considered?
- The loan assistant’s primary role in loan origination and bank profitability
- The loan assistant’s role in developing and maintaining effective, working partnerships with lenders
- The loan assistant’s role in compliance with federal lending regulations, including a discussion on the Truth in-Lending/RESPA disclosures
- A review of the primary loan documentation for consumer, residential and small business loans
- A variety of lending resources to increase the lending knowledge of loan assistants
Lending Resources will include:
- Lending risk management and regulatory websites
- Sample loan documentation
- Sample loan policy narrative
- Sample credit administration guidelines
- Sample loan underwriting guidelines and documentation procedures
- Sample loan closing checklists
- Sample post-closing loan review format
|Through March 16, 2020||$495|
|March 17 – April 6, 2020||$525|
|April 7 – 28, 2020||$555|
|Through March 16, 2020||$995|
|March 17 – April 6, 2020||$1,025|
|April 7 – 28, 2020||$1,055|
All cancellations will be charged a $25.00 administrative fee. Cancellations received less than 72 business hours before the program will be charged a $75.00 administrative fee plus any additional fees associated with the training. Substitutions are allowed prior to the beginning of course.
Special Needs & Americans with Disabilities Notice
If you have special needs that may affect your participation in this event, please contact Gail Queen to discuss accommodations.
In case of inclement weather, please check the VBA Event Hotline for updates on the status of VBA events.
Hotline Number (804) 819-4739
Hyatt Place Richmond-Innsbrook
4100 Cox Road | Glen Allen, VA 23060
The VBA has reserved a block of rooms at the Hyatt Place Richmond-Innsbrook for $124.00 plus taxes/fees. In order to take advantage of this reduced rate, reservations must be made by March 27, 2020. Reservations can be made online here.