ABA Training is a comprehensive source for training and education available through the American Bankers Association (ABA) and brought to you through the Virginia Bankers Association, your Local ABA Training Provider.
ABA Training includes extensive learning opportunities suited to specific job roles, in both facilitated and self-paced online formats. Online training delivers unmatched content that meets the needs of today’s learners and the changing demographics of the banking industry. Many courses meet the requirements for ABA certificates and diplomas, and of the Institute of Certified Bankers (ICB) for exam or continuing education credits.
Flexible and cost-effective, ABA’s online training opportunities are continually updated to provide a superior learning experience that can be accessed from anywhere, at any time.
Facilitated Online Training Courses
These courses are delivered in an online classroom environment where students are guided though the course together, but work independently on their own assignments. Facilitated online courses offer banking-specific content supported by:
- A connected, collaborative community of learners
- Experienced instructors with banking expertise
- Exercises and exams to validate your understanding
- A flexible weekly schedule with no set day or time to be online
- ACE College credit recommendations
Click here for course titles, descriptions and dates, and to enroll
Self-Paced Online Training Courses
These courses offer the greatest flexibility in skill-building and practical application, as they are independent study and include real-life practice scenarios. Self-paced online courses offer:
- Rich interactivities in mobile-ready courses
- Frequent self-checks to measure comprehension
- Built-in tools and job aids to support ongoing learning
Click here for course titles and descriptions, and to enroll
Certificates and Diplomas
For more than 100 years, bankers have taken advantage of ABA certificate and diploma programs to prepare for careers in banking and to enhance the skills and knowledge they already possess. Certificates build the skills necessary for a specific position in the bank and can be taken entirely online as a certificate curriculum. Diplomas provide broader and more in-depth coverage of banking as a profession.
The ABA offers certificates for a number of function areas:
- ABA Lending Certificates
- ABA Certificates for CEOs and Bank Leadership
- ABA Certificates for Compliance
- ABA Certificates for Retail Banking
- ABA Certificates for ERM
- ABA Certificates for Marketing
- ABA Certificates for Accounting
- ABA Certificates for Operations & Technology
- ABA Certificates for Security
- ABA Certificates for Trust & Wealth Management
ABA Textbooks and Reference Materials
ABA textbooks support the ABA Training curriculum. They are used in the delivery of facilitated online courses, and can also be used to deliver training in your bank. Reference materials in compliance and trust support the ICB exam prep courses, and are also standalone resources for professionals in those disciplines.
ABA Briefings are an efficient and cost-effective way to stay on top of current issues facing the banking industry. Accessed by phone or over the Internet in 60-90 minute sessions, ABA Briefings keep you current without leaving your office.
Click here for a list of titles, descriptions and dates, and to register
Course Cancellation/Transfer Policies
- Students who need to transfer sessions or cancel their course enrollment must send notification by email to Walt Lyons at email@example.com.
- There is a 100% refund for any cancellation request made before the start of the class and upon return of the textbook to the ABA. Refunds will be made, less a $100 cancellation fee, if requests are received within 10 business days from the start of course and after the return of the textbook, if applicable. Please include your packing slip or order number with the return of your textbook. Students are responsible for all textbook shipping and handling fees, regardless of when they withdraw from a class. Textbooks should be shipped to: PBD, c/o ABA Customer Service, Return Door #6, 1650 Bluegrass Lakes Parkway, Alpharetta, GA 30004-7714.
- There are no refunds for cancellations received by the ABA more than 10 business days after the start of the class.
- Students may request a transfer, at no cost, before the start of the class. After the start date and before the end date, you may request a transfer only once for a fee of $100.
- If a student would like to transfer to another class after 10 business days, we will charge them the $100 transfer fee on a one-time basis. If a student needs to transfer again after the 10 business days, they will be required to pay the enter registration fee again (minus the textbook).