VBA Update: OSHA ETS Updates
November 18, 2021 - Banker Resources
On this page, you will find the Zoom recording and resources from our call with Laura Windsor, partner at Williams Mullen. Her bio can be found here. On this highly informative call, Laura presented an update on the OSHA ETS and its requirements, regulations and frequently asked questions. She addressed specifically the implementation of weekly testing and all of its challenges.
Meeting recording, poll results & Speaker’s articles:
- Click here to access the meeting recording.
- Virginia DOLI Issues New COVID-19 Rules for Employers by Laura Windsor and David Burton
- Understanding and Implementing OSHA COVID-19 Vaccination Regulations (FAQs Included) by Laura Windsor and David Burton
- The FAR and DFARS Deviation Clauses Directing COVID Vaccine and Other Protocols for Government Contractors: So, What Do They Mean For My Business? by Anthony H. Anikeeff
- Poll Results:
- 55 people participated
- Question 1: Will you adopt a mandatory vaccination policy at your bank requiring all employees to be vaccinated for COVID-19?
- Yes - 67%
- No - 5%
- Unsure at this time - 27%
- Question 2: If no, will you pay for the weekly testing of unvaccinated employees?
- Yes - 38%
- No - 15%
- Unsure at this time - 47%
- Question 3: Is your bank offering weekly onsite testing?
- Yes, the bank plans to offer weekly testing at one or two central locations - 4%
- Yes, the bank plans to offer testing at every office each week - 11%
- No, the bank is not offering testing; employees are on their own to find their test center each week - 85%
Additional Resources & Links:
- VBA General Counsel, DeMarion Johnston, has created and released a frequently asked Q&A document (FAQ) for VBA members on the Occupational Safety & Health Administration’s COVID-19 Vaccination and Testing Emergency Temporary Standard. The FAQ is now available .
- OSHA Policy Templates
- Mandatory Vaccination Sample
- Vaccination or Testing and Face Covering Sample
- CDC Transmission Map
- Please remember Anthem has partnered with Access Bio to have FDA Emergency Use Authorization COVID-19 rapid antigen testing available through a joint Bulk Ship Testing Availability Program. includes pertinent information about the program, including an online order form. While all of the marketing materials only offer it to Anthem employers, we’ve been informed that banks not covered under our plan may still apply to receive the test kits. If you have any questions or would like more information, you can contact the VBA Benefits Corporation at 1 (800) 643-5599.