5 Minutes with the VBA Staff
Year I Joined the VBA: 2022
Carla is one of the newest VBA teammates – she joined the team in December 2022!
What’s one new challenge or project that you are currently working on that excites you? As a very new member of the VBA team, my new challenge is to learn about the VBA and title agencies, my role as an HR Director, and my new coworkers. I am excited to learn ways I can add value through my role and positively contribute to the success of the association and title agencies.
Favorite VBA event or memory: So far, Bruce’s 30th VBA Anniversary. It was great to learn about Bruce’s journey at the VBA and how his leadership has positively impacted his employees. Personally, this reaffirmed I had made the right decision of joining such a great team!
- Favorite song or musical artist? Many, but love Chicken Fried by Zac Brown Band
- Favorite podcast? I haven’t gotten into podcasts yet!
- Favorite Book? Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn, Me Before You by JoJo Moyes and It Ends with Us by Colleen Hoover
- Favorite TV Show? Yellowstone, This is Us, The Office
- Favorite Movie? Mamma Mia and Bridesmaids
- My secret weapon: Kindness
- I always start my day with…Exercise and coffee
- Favorite weekend activity: Playing tennis and hanging out with my family.
- What do you consider your biggest accomplishment - career or otherwise? My two kids!
- What is the top thing still left on your bucket list? Visiting Greece
Year I Joined the VBA: 1997
Stacy is one of the longest-tenured employees at the VBA - she just celebrated her 25th anniversary in December 2022!
What’s one new challenge or project that you are currently working on that excites you? Training a new employee. The accounting department will finally be fully staffed after being understaffed for almost 3 years!!
Favorite VBA event or memory: Good and bad memory - 4H staff retreats, specifically tipping over a canoe with Roxanne Sheppard.
- Favorite song or musical artist? Thought You Should Know by Morgan Wallen
- Favorite podcast? Sunday Sitdown with Willie Geist
- Favorite Book? Any James Patterson mystery-nothing complicated that has short chapters
- Favorite TV Show? Below Deck – I know! But the places they visit are amazing.
- I always start my day with…Dog snuggles, prayer and coffee.
- Favorite weekend activity: Traveling with my husband or volunteering at the Goochland County Animal Shelter
- What do you consider your biggest accomplishment - career or otherwise? Marrying my husband, Reese. All the rest started with that.
- How would you spend one million dollars? Vacation, church and Goochland Pet Lovers
- What is the top thing still left on your bucket list? African safari
- What would someone be surprised to learn about you? That I have been on more than 20 youth mission trips with my church’s youth group.