Management Development Program
The 2020-2021 VBA Management Development Program is a five-month, comprehensive training designed for newer employees who have developed a passion for banking, want to enhance their knowledge of the business of banking, and who are motivated to excel in their career and reach their full potential.
The VBA Management Development Program sessions will provide information to make your employees better bankers, to ensure that they move beyond the transaction and truly understand the industry in which they work, to instill the notion that strategy and goals are imperative to drive the bank forward, and to empower them to present themselves as leaders as they move forward in their career.
The facilitators for this program are some of the very best from inside and outside the banking industry. In addition to their other impressive credentials, Andy Davies, Katie Gilstrap and Bruce Whitehurst are graduates of the Virginia Bankers School of Bank Management and Vicki Kraai is a former bank CEO and an instructor at several banking schools across the country. John Sarvay and Kathy Greenier worked with the VBA on our current strategic plan and have interacted with bank CEOs and bank employees from institutions of all sizes. We chose these professionals specifically because they understand the banking industry and they are experts in the development of outstanding bank employees.
Please read through the that outlines the structure of the program and also provides biographical information on its facilitators. We are very excited to bring an in-depth program to bankers at the beginning of their career in this great industry.
- Session One | September 17, 2020: Introduction to Banking and Understanding Bank Financials and Profitability
- Session Two | October 14, 2020: Leadership & Management
- Session Three | November 17, 2020: Banking Lines of Business and Bank Management
- Session Four | December 15, 2020: Product Development and the Employee as a Brand Ambassador
- Session Five & Graduation | January 13, 2021: Relationship Building and Strategic Planning
- January 14, 2021 | Banker Day*
*All participants must attend VBA Banker Day.
You must be:
- A new hire or up to five years of banking experience or equivalent financial industry experience
- Nominated by a member of the bank’s senior management team
- A current member of the Virginia Bankers Association through the bank’s membership
Tuition for the Management Development Program is $2,750 per attendee. Tuition covers all five sessions, materials, instructor fees, continental breakfast, lunch and refreshments. Tuition does not cover overnight accommodations, if applicable, or dinners. Your registration is a full-tuition commitment. Information for on overnight accommodations will be sent directly to enrolled students.